Here’s what I think the blog might be used for:
- People might want to blog about half-formed philosophical ideas, which they want comments on.
- People giving grad talks might want to post abstracts in advance, to get everyone interested.
- We could use the blog to have follow-up discussions on grad talks, colloquia etc..
- People could post questions (“Which logic textbook is best?”, “Where can I find this paper?” and so on).
- Social events could be announced on the blog, as well as details of the successes of the departmental sports teams.
- People who run reading groups could post reminders and links to readings on the blog.